Metatrader4 for Mac OS
The Metatrader terminal is designed for the Microsoft Windows OS. However, this does not mean the MacBooks users cannot trade on the trading platform. To adapting the MT4 terminal's work to the Unix-like operating system, which is a Mac, you need to:
- Download application Wine. This software is freely available and you can download it on the official PlayOnMac website
- After you download the DMG installation package, you must enter the Downloads section of the Mac OS computer. Start it and wait for the end of installation.
- The "PlayOnMac first use" window will appear on the screen, where you need to click "Next" to start the installation of the required components.
- After you finish the installing all the necessary components, restart the computer.
- Now you can install the MT4 platform and run it on the Mac using the Wine application. You will also be able to copy all MT4 files from your PC to the client terminal folder previously installed in Microsoft Windows.
The principle of MT4 working on the MacBook is no different from the similar process on a computer with OS Windows. However, it should be noted that Wine software is not the completely stable application. So, some MT4 functions can work incorrectly. In particular, users often face the fact that "Market" does not work.